Thread: Amalgamation + Guilt

Default Amalgamation + Guilt

Noticed that I tend to favor questioning Theriotypes over anything in 'Fantasy'.
    This is probably due to me being a very literal person in real life ; I lack interest for things unrealistic.

Started questioning Eastern Dragons a few months ago and made a post on the forums here
    https://forums.therian-guide.com/Thread-...t-In-Years OR https://www.kinmunity.com/threads/fi...27/#post-21840

Where I explained my first shift in years after awakening.

I debunked it but it keeps coming back to questioning as all the Theriotypes I thought were confirmed just didn't feel right at the end of the day. I related to different parts of them but not them as a whole. Which explains why I would identify with them for so long because in essence - they were true just not accurate.

It made me feel guilty because I was being honest with my research and myself but people tended to think I was just 'identity-hopping' for fun. You can view all my previous posts and see all the species I confirmed and that's not even all of them.

One not listed was my Texas Longhorn that you only would know if you followed me on my Instagram.
    I identified as one for two years due to getting strong horn shifts during that time. I didn't know any other animal it could be that matched up so I went with what we had knowledge of.

I am questioning Eastern Dragon today due to me feeling connected to them being an amalgamation of different traits I connected with over time. I was never exposed to dragons as a child and only started learning about them as I got older. Either way - it is worth a shot as I am just starting to realize that I may just be Otherkin and not Therian.

unknown | unknown identity
    ⚲ | 20 | INTJ

Blog Entries

You’re of course always welcome to use the terminology labels you feel best apply to you - the “Earthly animals only” is a later development in the word “therian” and I’ve known plenty of dragon therians over the years; the ones who use the term tend to be more animal/feral in their thoughts and behaviors than your average dragon otherkin, since therian spaces and terminologies are centric to animality.

Could I ask you to remove the enormous moving signature, though? We actually have a rules forum at the top of the main forums that specifies that we do not allow them; it’s very distracting on the forum. Thanks!

That's true. I trust that everything will fall together naturally 'term-wise' but it may not be that easy.

Sorry about that! Removed it right away. Thanks for mentioning it as I did not know.

unknown | unknown identity
    ⚲ | 20 | INTJ

Definitely second the point about dragon therians! In some ways the specific distinctions between therians and otherkin (and fictionkin) can be useful, especially when considering the ways communities evolved, but they can also become obstacles when particular definitions are pushed too strictly. If you feel like being a dragon otherkin fits for you, then go with that, but if you feel like dragon therian fits for you, go with that.