Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What have you accomplished lately? What are you grateful for?

Blog Entries

Default What have you accomplished lately? What are you grateful for?

No matter how big or small. You watered your houseplants? Success. You survived another day at work? Success. You found a candle that smells like fall and winter frost? Success.

It's almost the time for cozy hoodies and/or soft, thick scarves that pile up over my throat and the back of my neck. Cozy slipper socks. Everything smells like woodfires on my outside adventures. Mulled cider. Crisp air. Dead leaf smell. (Could a perfumer please isolate those dead leaf molecular compounds and market the scent?)

Most of my plants did well, and I'm keeping a few of the annuals indoors when the weather gets chilly. I'm collecting art. I have a coldbrew setup that I love; it's so much smoother and less acidic than ordinary coffee. I'm going to be collaborating with an online friend for a wildlife outreach project. My chronic pain still hasn't resurfaced, so I'm spending more time outside. I keep finding memes on Twitter that fill me with joy. On Twitter, I don't have to pretend to be agnostic when I'm closer to atheism. I have more art supplies than I know what to do with. I keep seeing a pair of ravens near the library.

There's lots to be grateful for and happy about. What about you?

I finished a 6 week illustration course and drew something my younger self would have lost their mind over! I've put it up on my portfolio. It's really given me the itch to work with traditional media again!

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Jones View Post
    It's almost the time for cozy hoodies and/or soft, thick scarves that pile up over my throat and the back of my neck. Cozy slipper socks. Everything smells like woodfires on my outside adventures. Mulled cider. Crisp air. Dead leaf smell. (Could a perfumer please isolate those dead leaf molecular compounds and market the scent?)
    Hopefully there's some clever cookie out there who can capture that soft wood decay smell. I'd like to be able to catch the scent of the bush here just after a summer storm, the cool air with the soft smell of wet wattle and the eucalyptus sap.
    Last edited by TeaBird; September 10th, 2020 at 07:26 AM.

Even if I didn't like what she had to say (don't appreciate people telling me I likely have something when I could have been faking without meaning to even though she mentioned a few symptoms I have but never heard or read about in context with what she thinks is going on; just do not underestimate my ability to deny everything I experience) and plan to never talk to her or get any therapy again, still got therapy even if it was only one session so at least that's something. It was a few days ago but still close enough to today to count, I guess.

I've had a very successful year so far, all things considered.

- I got a new job in March and it's been going even better than I expected.
    - I finished Round #5 editing of my 'Bonita Blue' book. It's looking like I will be publishing it, hopefully soon.
    - I completed the Rescue Diver scuba course to add to my growing list of certs for diving. This weekend will also add the full face mask course too.
    - Quarantining has been wonderful for me and I'm really loving all the at-home time I've been getting!
    - I won a 3 day/4 night trip to Cozumel, via a $25 raffle, from my dive master AlexScuba!

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf & clouded leopard| 38 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | INFP | eclectic witch

I ran a mile, and by "ran" actually mean "ran the entire thing without slowing to a walk."
    Which is probably getting laughs right now, but for me it's pretty big. It's something I couldn't do before that I can do now. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Kerguelen View Post
    I ran a mile, and by "ran" actually mean "ran the entire thing without slowing to a walk."
    Which is probably getting laughs right now, but for me it's pretty big. It's something I couldn't do before that I can do now. *shrug*
    I am not a runner, never have been. I'm simply not built for it and I hate it. Therefore, I will never laugh at others who run (or even enjoy it). Congrats, because running is hard!

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf & clouded leopard| 38 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | INFP | eclectic witch

Blog Entries

Mmm, softwood decay smell <3

As a former distance runner, I can confirm that running is, indeed, hard. I was a natural, but I have the most respect for people who take up running when it's challenging for any number of reasons and when it's not necessarily their ideal chosen sport/exercise regimen.

Thanks both of you!
    What I said also wasn't meant to sound disparaging of people who can't run at all, either. Just that I've been made fun of before for not being able to manage a mile without stopping and I was kind of nervous about sharing.
    Last edited by Kerguelen; September 10th, 2020 at 08:47 PM.

Congrats all of ya! ( I haven't run a mile since I was like 7 lol. Wow, thats bad. )

I finished all my technical writing for the semester. Woo ! ( Boring AF. )

I placed on the futures brawl leaderboard playing my own version of Mythbusters "Stay or switch" ^-^

Blog Entries

I've finished several larger art projects and sold $115 worth of skulls in the last week!

I've also had some good success cooking new recipes lately.

Mostly I've been just trying to maintain good habits and keep on keeping on right now. I haven't been feeling especially accomplished or felt a lot of reward in the things I'm doing. I've been so busy and doing so much all the time that getting things done feels more like a brief respite from tension than a real satisfying Job Well Done.