Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What have you accomplished lately? What are you grateful for?

Blog Entries

Finished up my summer work today, which was running tech for the inaugural season of a local community theatre here in my smaller town area. Went quite successfully if you ask me, even if I'm absolutely exhausted. I was pulling insane extra hours to make this season happen as the singular technician for the space. I get a little 2 day break now before I gotta run off to the city a couple hours away because the university I work for wants me to be back into the swing there as soon as possible. I'm just all over the place nowadays, aie.

This summer's work though will be a wonderful addition to my technician resume and a great marketing point for my business.
    Jasper - He/him - 23
    Alolan Marowak Fictherian - Dragon-Hearted
    Wildly curious and here for a good time.

Blog Entries

God, I feel that so hard, Jasper. My field season has a couple months to go, but I’m dead in the middle of the most grueling part and desperately need a break. Hopefully I’ve got a few days off coming up, but the next few are going to be a real push through the burnout I’m feeling.

I’ve worked through the last few weekends and was gone for two weeks straight, and now I have no idea what day it is or what’s going on.

And after being in a tiny cabin with six people I spend all day working with, I am in serious need of some solitude!

But hey, we got through that portion of the work! It’s been a process all year getting ready and planning this stuff out, so it feels good to get out there and get the field work part done.

There’s no time for a break at the moment because we’ve got to get out there and set up the NEXT part, though…

Blog Entries

After a trip to the botanical gardens during the Japanese Festival, I've been taking up flower arrangements. I'm not good good, but I've made some pretty stuff. It's unfortunate that it's turning towards fall already; I would have liked to try some during spring and early summer.

But there were sprays of pine needles and small branches in the flower arrangements I saw at the botanical garden, so I might make some attractive arrangements using black gun twigs and red maple twigs. We'll see.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

Oooh! That’s so pretty! Definitely keep sharing if you make more. The splash of orange there is just great.

I only just realized yesterday that today was going to be my first wedding anniversary. I guess some people would think of that as an accomplishment? Don’t people say the first year of marriage is supposed to be challenging or something?

Nothing really changed for us since we’ve been together for 12 years and living together for like… 8. Maybe not an accomplishment, exactly, but I am exceptionally grateful for the continued relationship happiness. I’m a lucky bastard and I do take care to preserve the good things in my life.
    Last edited by Kisota; September 26th, 2021 at 07:59 AM.