Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What have you accomplished lately? What are you grateful for?

I feel like that pretty often as well, this saying came to mind and I'm not sure if I heard it somewhere, at least some variation or made it up, but

" Life ends up being mostly made up of the small things so you may as well give yourself credit for them, at least every once in a while. "

Tacky, I know. But I'll take it.

Blog Entries

- Finished writing a 500+ page novel. Started the next one.

- Wrote an assembler—in assembly. (And then rewrote it. Less than 9K in size and has a built in disassembler!)

- Made a song (I retired from making music 2 years ago but this one just really wanted out)

- Planted a tree in the yard.
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Koba View Post
    I feel like that pretty often as well, this saying came to mind and I'm not sure if I heard it somewhere, at least some variation or made it up, but

" Life ends up being mostly made up of the small things so you may as well give yourself credit for them, at least every once in a while. "

Tacky, I know. But I'll take it.
    My favorite professor used to say “damn I’m good!” When he accomplished something minor, and we’d laugh at the vanity of it. But he said “well no one else is going to congratulate me for these things”. That, plus realizing that “damn I’m good!” Is pure positivity and doesn’t make any comparisons to anyone else, really made me think. I have a very hard time ever giving myself credit for anything.

Except flossing. I managed to make a habit of flossing and DAMN if that isn’t an accomplishment. (My technique: use the easy little plastic flossers and put them e v e r y w h e r e, plus link the habit to other things you do - time to shower? Time to floss, that kind of thing.) A dental hygienist asked me in a recent cleaning appointment if I use a water pick!! That was quite the compliment.