Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What have you accomplished lately? What are you grateful for?

Blog Entries

Holy hell, Forest Wind. That's insanely intense. Welcome back!

Blog Entries

I am working with a person who is opening a "witchy" / oddities type of shop, providing skulls (just one kind ... for now) for cheap in bulk.

She's going to electroform them with copper. How cool is that?? It's too bad she's in another state. Hopefully she'll eventually have a website up so I can buy one back from her, coated in copper.

It makes me so happy that this pile of little skulls I've been hanging on to is going toward something cool.

Three of my wildlife masks also just sold to my former boss, for a wildlife fundraiser she and her veterinarian husband are participating in! That's the dream I've ALWAYS had for the wildlife masks, to go to some conservation cause. I hope they do well... I told her I'd happily keep making them for her on the cheap.

Blog Entries

Hi, I managed to get 2 100% on this Coursera website for IT Tech support. Granted it was stuff I already knew and I got 90% on the Networking, which was hard for me. It's good to do the quizzes ASAP so ya can keep redoing them until you get the score you want.

Blog Entries

It's not a particularly recent here and now thing but has been an ongoing effort: I kicked the excessive tea habit! I barely drink tea anymore. Granted, this was because of the kidney stone and the unspeakable pain scaring me right out of the tea excess, but hey, motivation is motivation.

In other news my assembler got accepted by the freedos project! So now it can have a life rather than rotting away on some floppy disk somewhere. I also managed to bring the 8088-only version down way below 8K (again, that's under 8K for a fully functional symbolic assembler with a full built-in disassembler!) The version with 8087 support is under 11K!

I've successfully grown back into the habit of drawing daily. It was an uphill battle but now I have enough momentum to keep going. I do have to force myself sometimes but it's easier and easier each time.

However, what I'm really grateful for is a partner who just...gets it. A partner who comprehends everything. A partner that I don't have to constantly explain myself to or justify anything about me. A partner who understands me. Even when things are the most overwhelming, just having someone who plain and simple gets it is half the way to success.
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R Swan View Post
    It's not a particularly recent here and now thing but has been an ongoing effort: I kicked the excessive tea habit! I barely drink tea anymore. Granted, this was because of the kidney stone and the unspeakable pain scaring me right out of the tea excess, but hey, motivation is motivation.
    If you have kidney stones, drinking tea makes it worse? I'm asking because I have a ridiculous tea habit. I'm never not drinking tea, unless I'm outside. Sorry to hear about the pain; I've heard about how bad it can be.

Blog Entries

Tea, particularly black tea, is notorious as a major kidney stone cause. The pain is unbelievable. I've felt pain from my organs literally dissolving and my liver shutting down (during the death cap misadventure) and that was much milder than kidney stones. I'd rather give birth through my arse than have kidney stones again. For the love of god stay hydrated.
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.