Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What have you accomplished lately? What are you grateful for?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Who-Is-Page View Post
    We also might (big might) be collaborating with an organization to do research on certain aspects of the alterhuman community and alterhumanity. I won't go into too much detail here, but we've been reached out to about getting our research funded and utilized on wider scales, and it makes us all kinds of nervous and excited. We're wondering if this might be how we get our name out there in our circles of academia while we wait for the opportunity to go after our doctorate too, and the idea of a group actually letting us go hogwild research we're interested in and supporting those endeavors potentially financially is just beyond belief. It would be an absolutely insane amount of work to do with the scale we're thinking of aiming for, but if we could pull it off it'd be seriously amazing. This is a really big thing for us, for our previous research to have garnered that kind of attention and interest.
    It'll be cool to see how that goes, if it goes through. Good luck.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

Most of my herbs have sprouted! I’ve decided to try to go find myself an actual peppermint plant - apparently, peppermint is a sterile hybrid, so peppermint “seeds” are not actual peppermint.

So that just means the lavender is left to sprout. Unfortunately that can take weeks, even months! Fingers crossed.

I also am really, REALLY excited that I went ahead and bought dwarf raspberry and blueberry bushes, special cultivars that are compact and bushy and grow well in containers. I’m finally doing it. This year I’m growing stuff on my balcony. And what better for a coyote than some berries? The raspberry is even thornless. We had some raspberry bushes, both black and red, in my side yard as a kid and I have missed it so much.

I am planning on doing probably green beans as well. I’m tempted to do snap peas instead, but green beans likewise have nostalgia factor - and the ones at the store tend to be a gamble.

I also kind of want to do cucumbers, but viney things like that may soon get out of hand. I might also do yellow squash or something instead, so I can have four different colors of things. Maybe some peppers would be easier.

I’m not expecting much fruit out of the bushes the first year, but they are perennial, so it’s an investment. I’m just really stoked.

My spouse and I also finally got our “wedding” tats on Friday - my own designs. It was a really cool experience; I’ve never gotten a tattoo before. It’s been something we’ve been talking about and kind of dallying about doing for a LONG time, so it feels amazing to have done it.

It’s sort of funny… if I described my hair and my piercing/tats and their placements, I think I’d sound a LOT more extreme than I actually look, and regardless, my internal self perception is still basically this.

This week we got a treadmill! I've started doing at least 30min a day on it and am feeling pretty good. The original idea was to get a gym membership, but with pandemic restrictions and closings it was too unreliable(also I don't think I would last working out in a mask). Along with getting on the treadmill, I've been focusing on eating healthier and cutting junk out of my diet. :>

Astral Dragon - Cybertronian - Valstrax

Blog Entries

I've finished up a long-running campaign for a few friends (not the Kemetic war one I told some of you about; this one was a giant hike to do various tasks for the embodiments of ecoregions). It's lasted months, so while I enjoyed running it, I'm glad to have completed it. And the players seem to have liked it, since they were interested in pursuing the follow-up plot points.

One of my Bletilla orchids is blooming, and my jewel orchids--including one of the ones I planted in the lizard terrarium--are doing well. While my spider plant was dying back a little earlier, it seems to have gotten over the transplant shock and is sending out new plantlets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisota View Post
    Most of my herbs have sprouted! I’ve decided to try to go find myself an actual peppermint plant - apparently, peppermint is a sterile hybrid, so peppermint “seeds” are not actual peppermint.
    Never knew that! What species did you get, then, that was labeled as peppermint?

Quote Originally Posted by Kisota View Post
    I also am really, REALLY excited that I went ahead and bought dwarf raspberry and blueberry bushes, special cultivars that are compact and bushy and grow well in containers. I’m finally doing it. This year I’m growing stuff on my balcony. And what better for a coyote than some berries? The raspberry is even thornless. We had some raspberry bushes, both black and red, in my side yard as a kid and I have missed it so much.
    Mmm, those sound delicious. Good luck with them. Any recipes you're looking forward to trying, once you've got a good crop going?
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

It’s probably a variety of spearmint, from what I’ve heard.

And honestly, I am most looking forward to just eating berries and beans straight off the bush. There’s nothing like it.

I was finally able to sit down and get a whole bunch of important papers out of the way. It feels like such a relief to get that off my chest. Now I can finally do the things I want to do without the constant thought of work in the back of my mind.

Blog Entries

I finally got a job doing fieldwork. It's a pretty good one; I'll be getting a lot of good experience doing a lot of stuff. I'm looking forward to starting it.

Blog Entries

Very excited for you!!

Woo, congrats cheetah! I'm also very excited for you!!