Thread: Checking In: How's your MENTAL health?

Default Checking In: How's your MENTAL health?

Figured it might be helpful, especially around the holidays and during a pandemic no less, to have a thread dedicated to one's mental well-being. While it won't replace or substitute for professional help, perhaps it could help ease some distress.

So everyone, how are you doing mentally, in the moment or overall?

My mental health has been kinda all over the place lately, but nothing major. A few minor depressive episodes here and there, and then had a full on panic attack for the first time since getting medicated a few months ago. Most of it stems from money problems so nothing really I can control at the moment. The good days are really good, the bad days are nothing too serious and certainly not anywhere near concerning.

Blog Entries

If you asked this of me three years ago I would have laughed you out of the room and then written some fucked up shit. But in spite of unmedicated BPD, I've been doing great for the past two years, and it's only been getting better. I have some minor stress about the stupid holiday season—my attitude to Ecksmas, as ever, amounts to ‘bah—humbug’; it would have been all were it not for the prospect of spending it with family, and we have had enough controversy that this will make things rather awkward.
    My brother is equally irritated by the impending Ecksmas dinner, but he and I focus entirely on enjoying the food—if any family feud should suddenly crop up that we do not feel like fanning the flames of (which, honestly, we probably will), we can jump into my beaten up old car and skedaddle off somewhere with a thermos of hot tea and pilfered dinner elements.
    Christmas isn't a shitty enough time for Mikey and me to get stressed out about anymore—and, if anything, the food will more than make up for the dubious company. It'll be fine. Mikeyboy and I will surely find a way to remain entertained throughout.
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.

Blog Entries

Currently it's actually pretty good. This is surprising, because it's winter and winter is dark and cold. That is always difficult for me, and probably helped trigger some of the depressive episodes I had last month (they've been a consistent problem for as long as I can remember, but they often have an obvious proximate cause). But right now, a lot of the things I care about are, if not great, at least better than they usually are. Work and online community stuff is going well, I read some good books, I've done some good cooking, and a project I was helping analyze data for (in a volunteer, non-professional capacity) finally got completed.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

Edit: I've been better. I'm moving my post to the rant thread.
    Last edited by Coyote Jones; December 13th, 2020 at 10:22 PM.