Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: therian.org community hub

All I could find for a purpose like this is this somewhat esoteric "distribution" meta tag:
    https://stackoverflow.com/a/11174800/2897386

The problem with things like this is that it is very unlikely that it is supported either by the forum you use or the bots that scrape, therefore even if we could set this up, it would only be used by my site and yours, whereas Google and other services (where private information is more likely to be exposed to a third party, because it is used more frequently), would ignore this and distribute the content regardless.

The more correct approach (easier with older forum software and more likely to work with multiple parties), would be to have multiple subforums and set those intended for personal information to be hidden to the public and require an account to view. A notice of some kind on the public forums, would then ensure consent is informed.

As Lyc pointed out the therian.org site does not store any information for more than 1 hour, thus it is not capable of understanding any input older than 1 hour, that is not provided by the original websites themselves (such as for example consent).

LP,
    Dusty
    Last edited by DustWolf; April 25th, 2021 at 05:02 PM.
    Most problems are man-made.

Dusty, would it be possible to set up these two criteria?

1) Limit the feed to one specific forum set aside for that purpose
    2) Limit the feed to posts inside that forum that also contained a specific tag like #therianbroadcast or #therianfeed, something like that?

That way we could be pretty sure that only users who wanted to 'shout out' something to be rebroadcast would be doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Dusty, would it be possible to set up these two criteria?

1) Limit the feed to one specific forum set aside for that purpose
    I'm not 100% sure but you should be able to do this on your side when setting up the RSS feed or enabling it. If not, then assuming this information is provided inside the RSS feed I can do it on our side.

2) Limit the feed to posts inside that forum that also contained a specific tag like #therianbroadcast or #therianfeed, something like that?
    This is basically the inverse of how I exclude Pokemon posts from the Twitter feed so I certainly feel this is possible.

LP,
    Dusty

Quote Originally Posted by DustWolf View Post
    I'm not 100% sure but you should be able to do this on your side when setting up the RSS feed or enabling it. If not, then assuming this information is provided inside the RSS feed I can do it on our side.
    I'm not sure what our limitations are on vBulletin. I know we certainly have some. Here's where we need some input from the technically smarter folks on our helpstaff.

Hello,

I've decided to discontinue these websites and all services contained on them.

I am willing to sell the domains or you could simply claim them after they expire.

If you wish this thread can be removed.

LP,
    Dusty

Blog Entries

Dusty, Does this include the Species Dysphoria site as well?

Blog Entries

And out of general curiosity, how much would it cost to purchase from you? I have no interest myself, but I know some therians and therian groups who might be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by DustWolf View Post
    Hello,

I've decided to discontinue these websites and all services contained on them.

I am willing to sell the domains or you could simply claim them after they expire.

If you wish this thread can be removed.

LP,
    Dusty
    I respect your decision of course. It might be good to keep the sites in trust for the community in some way, or archived perhaps? Let me know if we can help with this at all on our end.

Quote Originally Posted by Who-Is-Page View Post
    And out of general curiosity, how much would it cost to purchase from you? I have no interest myself, but I know some therians and therian groups who might be interested.
    The price would be high enough that those seeking to abuse the domains wouldn't be interested.

LP,
    Dusty

I respect your decision of course. It might be good to keep the sites in trust for the community in some way, or archived perhaps? Let me know if we can help with this at all on our end.
    The source code of the projects can be made available from gitlab.com . If anyone is interested make an account there and message me to add you.

LP,
    Dusty