Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What games are you playing?

Blog Entries

Default What games are you playing?

So, we’ve got threads for what books and music we’re all into at the moment.

How about games - video or otherwise?

I’m a little ashamed, as a longtime fan of the Legend of Zelda games, that I’m still working on Breath of the Wild. I have a good excuse!! I started playing in 2017 shortly after it released, but moved across the country soon after, and had two weeks of studying incessantly for a state license I didn’t actually need, all before spending the rest of the summer on the road in unfamiliar lands for work. Annnd things stayed kind of busy and kind of crazy for so long I honestly got out of the habit of video gaming at all, except socially.

SO I’ve been back on the wagon with that since sometime last year. I find these days I can only stand a couple hours, maybe three, of video gaming TOPS before I’m restless, so it’s somewhat slow-going. My apartment is also abundantly sunny all day and I have vaulted ceilings with extra-high windows that have no blinds... so unless I rig up some curtains or cardboard or something, I really don’t have a good way to play console games while the sun is up!

ANYWAY, I’m playing that, recently finished Okamiden (not very good, honestly... but the original Okami is an old favorite). Started playing the GBA version of Sword of Mana again, another one I liked when I was younger. Chose the other protagonist this time, so even though I’m sure I wouldn’t remember much anyway, it’s cool to know I’m getting a different experience.

Also having a LOT of fun with Valheim and my two best college friends, husband, and best post-college friend, haha. The first four of us played Divinity: Original Sin 2 together a while back and loved that. We’re really looking forward to the new Baldur’s Gate.

Have also started but very sadly not gotten too far in the Spyro remasters, The Last Guardian, and Red Dead Redemption 2. I definitely have a bit of a hard time staying invested in video games these days.

[ Cinn ]

We have 5 different Pokemon games we're working on at any given time, but we've been playing Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon and Pokemon Black recently! Though so far the Pokemon games on our "to beat" list is a lot. We've also been playing Minecraft and Slime Rancher, and touching on Fer.al!

Blog Entries

I don't play too many games honestly, it's rare for me to really get into one. That said I've been playing a lot of Fer.al for the past two months or so. I've found that one to be really fun for me, at least.

Currently working on getting a Switch in time for the release of the Pokemon Diamond/Pearl remakes, though that's a whole endeavor right now with me needing to allocate my money elsewhere for the time being. Re-doing your leopard gecko's entire terrarium, heating and lighting setup can be quite financially draining, aie.
    Jasper - He/him - 24
    Alolan Marowak Fictherian - Hellhound Theriomythic - Dragon-Hearted
    Wildly curious and here for a good time.

Haven't played video games in month or two but when I do I tend to like survival / survival horror games.

The one game I end up binging on the most is of Course. 7 Days to Die. Like Minecreft + Zombies for adults. It's also a buggy as all F___ Alpha build so it can be a little glitchy at times but, heh, sadly have over two thosand hours playing the game. (They count leaving the menu screen up as playing, so hahah, been days where it's running on my gaming PC and hasn't been turned off. )

Love the trailer.

Some of my past favorites have been: Dead Space, Resident Evil, Dead Rising ( So much fun) State of Decay, one more I'm forgetting ( Dying Light. Amazing game. ) . I like 'very challenging' I usually crank the diffulty up to the higher levels so that the Zekes have a fighting chance.

Used to play a bit of Killer Instinct, playing 'Sabrewulf' is always kind of satisfying. ( Werewolf Character. )
    Last edited by Koba; March 22nd, 2021 at 12:05 AM. Reason: spelling, crap, etc

Blog Entries

Oh no, the first part of my post got eaten... I was talking about how I used to love Killer Instinct too! I also played Sabrewulf, big surprise. His combos had a lot of Side-to-side stick motions, so it was easier for me to remember.

I don’t think I realized there was a 2013 remake! I haven’t played since the N64, though I also had a Gameboy cartridge.

Quote Originally Posted by irritatedandroid View Post
    Currently working on getting a Switch in time for the release of the Pokemon Diamond/Pearl remakes, though that's a whole endeavor right now with me needing to allocate my money elsewhere for the time being. Re-doing your leopard gecko's entire terrarium, heating and lighting setup can be quite financially draining, aie.
    We FINALLY got a switch (stupidly got a Wii U a few years back, barely used it), mostly because of Zelda and Pokémon. I somehow fell out of the practice of playing Pokémon after ... I think, Black and White. Pretty weird, I had been playing every gen since I was a kid. Yellow was my first - though I was late to the game, as I didn’t have a Gameboy for a long time, and the game was actually my brother’s... it took him a long time to want to share, even though he knew I absolutely mad for Pikachu. Still am!!

I guess I should also mention I’ve been playing D&D 5e... though sadly both my campaigns are on hiatus. We were right at the boss battle in the game my spouse DMs for me and a close friend, so we’ll be picking that one back up. The larger campaign actually includes three of my oldest friends... we were needing it up together back in middle school (though we didn’t have a D&D campaign then!)
    Last edited by Kisota; March 21st, 2021 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisota View Post
    Oh no, the first part of my post got eaten... I was talking about how I used to love Killer Instinct too! I also played Sabrewulf, big surprise. His combos had a lot of Side-to-side stick motions, so it was easier for me to remember.

I don’t think I realized there was a 2013 remake! I haven’t played since the N64, though I also had a Gameboy cartridge.
    There's actually a bit of an older series that I found intoxicating as a child, I may be dating myself here a bit but they had a fighting game for the PS2? called 'Bloody Roar' it was like Killer Instinct but all the charachters had two forms a human form and an animal form and they would transform between the two during the fights. Talk about feeling right at home in a game.

I loved playing Sabrewulf but I was incredibly more dangerous playing Spinal. Teleporting through the floor, ceiling, just all over the place ( imagine that ... ) throwing flaming green skulls and absorbing all the energy attacks and throwing them back at people, meanwhile doing Spinal's signature taunt of laughing like an insane skeletal pirate. As long as you weren't on deck, it was pretty funny to watch. ^^;

Oh and also hahaha " Ultra ultra utlraaaaa commmboooooo!" xP
    Last edited by Koba; March 22nd, 2021 at 12:23 AM.

Blog Entries

Hey Kisota, didn't we end up chatting about Mass Effect a long time ago? At the moment, I believe there is a Mass Effect remastered trilogy in the making, which I'm looking forward to playing. Talking about games, I think I've had several pc's by now, owned an Xbox at some moment in time, too, but I was never much of a console gamer. These days, I prefer playing mostly horror survival games, such as the Metro series. In the past, I used to play Doom, Resident Evil, Silent Hill (the pc also had a version of that), but nowadays my interests have shifted more towards indie games, to tell you the truth.
    I own a version of Amnesia, The Dark Descent and Soma, by Frictional Games. Both were completed some time ago.

I must admit I don't get to play much anymore, though. There are too many games I desire playing, but never get the chance to start. I love the atmospherics of certain games, love them to death, but in the end, I always end up adjusting the game to my preferences without actually playing them. I do love to mess around with the settings, too, like I said, to adjust them so that they're good-looking at least, without losing too much image quality. Right now, I own decent hardware, that can run most games at max, and love to brag about what it can do to my friends. (That was a joke.)

I don't think I've ever put a review on a game out on steam or whatever. No one needs to know what I think about my games. That was pretty much it. I did get to play more when I was younger, though.

I started playing Oblivion three or so years ago, and I only recently got back into it. My Xbox broke so I couldn't play much for a while but I finally got a new one that works. I recently ordered the Resident Evil 2 remake, so I'm very excited to start that. I can't really afford a good PC at the moment, nor do I really want one but my current laptop is good enough to run runescape which I play occasionally, so that's all that really matters to me.

I also got my old gamecube back from my dad's place. Unfortunately most of the games were given away long ago, so I'll have to scour ebay for affordable copies that work at least somewhat well. There aren't many games that I'm interested in on there, mostly just zelda and starfox and maybe some other miscellaneous ones.

I've had a Wii U for a while now, but I haven't played on it in four years so I'm attempting to sell it currently. It wasn't a very good console...

I'm trying to get back into the pokemon games, I have Heartgold and Ultra-moon, both of which I have been playing for a year now and have barely made it past the tutorial. Overall I just haven't had enough time for gaming with school and all. I've been trying to make time for it when I can because it's what makes me happy, but it's hard these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupus Ferox View Post
    I don't think I've ever put a review on a game out on steam or whatever. No one needs to know what I think about my games. That was pretty much it. I did get to play more when I was younger, though.
    The game reviews are what individuals read, like myself, when they are deciding whether or not to drop 60 plus bucks on a game they aren't sure is going to live up to the expectations and are very very helpful to others. Just so ya know, from me and all the other people that read reviews to decide whether or not we want to get a game. Write a review. We want to know what you think, especially if the game is absolute crap and not worth wasting our time on. We promise it won't make you any less cool. <3

I heh, have re-assembling my gaming rig on my to-do list. My mate has been playing Escape from Tarkov, which seems brutally fun, was going to get it but he told me to wait and possibly consider the game him and his gaming friends are waiting on. New horror survival open world game supposed to be coming out soon. I saw the trailer and I am now waiting on this to be released as well. Lol. Looks badass. Of course, so Did State of Decay 2, but that was a HUGE letdown. Weak sauce.

(The Day Before trailer, gimme gimme. )
    Last edited by Koba; March 22nd, 2021 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Gram of Or, spellingx1

Quote Originally Posted by Koba View Post
    I heh, have re-assembling my gaming rig on my to-do list. My mate has been playing Escape from Tarkov, which seems brutally fun
    I ended up getting Escape from Tarkov because gaming is one of those 'together' activities my mate and I like to do. Honestly it's a little tough for me cus I got the beginning of Carpal Tunnel or something like it, so I had to map out the game on the controller and it's seriously not geared to be run with a controller.... anyway...

While I was doing this my mate came up and excitedly proclaimed "Haha, see this, this is what your in for!" and proceeded to show me this video, which was pretty damn funny, so figured I'd post it here and folks could get a needed laugh. And also be playing some Tarkov ... maybe...