Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncommon Theriotype Writings: Looking to Add to New Site

Arrow Uncommon Theriotype Writings: Looking to Add to New Site

DreamWidth community for the Radiant Obscurities site is: here. It's there to host more info, updates about the project, discussion about it, and allow for submissions to be made.

'Lo and behold, I'm up to a new therianthropy project that's in the rather early stages of development. It was initially inspired this year by the creation of the Birds of a Feather site at FeralScribes and that I wanted to see a similar concept done for a wider variety of animalistic 'kintypes. Therefore, since I already have plenty of space and bandwidth available on my Sonverrid.org domain, I decided that I'd take on the project myself with help and contributions from other therians/'kin.

It's been months--about half a year--since I started thinking about and brainstorming stuff for this project, and I've currently finally gotten back into wanting to actively work on it again. As it stands right now, I don't have a workable website for it yet, but I eventually will get that done using Wordpress as the platform for it, fixing up a template for it, and giving it a separate subdomain name under Sonverrid.org.

Anyway, to the important info about this project, Radiant Obscurities. The premise is to gather a variety of writings about, essentially, "being animal" (whether it's a theriotype or an "animalistic" kind of non-Earth 'kintype), with the other key focus being on 'types that are uncommon or rare in the otherkin and therianthropy communities.

It can be rather difficult to find writings by uncommon therio-/'kintypes, with many of them being scattered widely (and thus not a more convenient way of browsing them by relative creature-type categories, especially in a singular site), and some people only make one or two writings about their uncommon 'type(s) and may only end up posting them on a forum, journal, or other personal blog. I would like to help people be able to find writings more easily about 'kintypes like: aquatics, invertebrates, ungulates, non-feline/non-canine Carnivorans, bats, rodents, reptiles and amphibians, 'uncommon' mythical, fictional, and otherworldy/other-realm animal-like creatures, among others. My aim is for this to be an interesting, helpful, and valuable resource in the otherkin and therianthropy communities for any and all who are curious to read "being animal" writings from [insert uncommon 'types], and to hopefully help those of certain therio-/'kintype categories to better find writings on creatures similar to or the same as their kind.

I would love to see some people offer up one or more of their animality writings to be on Radiant Obscurities. I have a list (not yet posted on the DW community) of potential writings I would like to add to the site, and thus need to work on getting permission from their authors for use, yet I know there are other uncommon therio-/'kintype writings that I've missed that could be great additions to the RO site. Submissions can be made either by posting them, or a link to them (if hosted publicly elsewhere), on the DW community, or contacting me via email or by PM on Werelist to send the writing or a link to it. Questions about the project can be asked through any of those ways or here, on this thread.
    My therianthropy writings:
    ~Check out Radiant Obscurities, and help contribute to its development
    ~Poly'kin of: mongoose, domestic cat, domestic horse, winged theropod (erdenvogel), and vampire'kin (blutpir) [not psi/sang]

If there's anything I've posted that you want to use that'd be fine. Not really sure if I've posted anything helpful though.

I would be happy to write a small submission too, though if it's ok, I would like to talk about aquatic tendencies, and learning how to deal with them. :P It's been becoming more and more prevalent in my life.

Good luck!
    "One does not meet oneself until one catches the recollection from an eye other than human" - Loren Eiseley

Quote Originally Posted by Farsmell View Post
    If there's anything I've posted that you want to use that'd be fine. Not really sure if I've posted anything helpful though.

I would be happy to write a small submission too, though if it's ok, I would like to talk about aquatic tendencies, and learning how to deal with them. :P It's been becoming more and more prevalent in my life.

Good luck!
    I'll be sure to have a look through your writings. And yes, feel free to write about what you mentioned--it sounds like a good topic and rather fitting for the RO site .
    ~Poly'kin of: mongoose, domestic cat, domestic horse, winged theropod (erdenvogel), and vampire'kin (blutpir) [not psi/sang]

Knowing about this definitely encourages me to write more about deer, but if there's anything I've posted on AQ that might be of use to you so far, I'd be happy for it to be a part of the project.

If you'd like I could write something up regarding my black tip reef shark shifter type. You get an earthly animal and mythical creature in one

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphyna View Post
    If you'd like I could write something up regarding my black tip reef shark shifter type. You get an earthly animal and mythical creature in one
    Oooh, that one sounds interesting. I'd definitely read that.
    "One does not meet oneself until one catches the recollection from an eye other than human" - Loren Eiseley

Blog Entries

I forgot to ask, Sonne but are you interested in fictionkin at all? Or do you think garou might be too close to wolf? Plus the same for Lunatani and being an adlert and Cwn Annwn sense they are still basically canine?

We're trying to figure out what of ours might be of interest to the project.

(Plus as always feel free to suggest if you think there is something we or one of us should write about, any time.)

- Cavern-Risen

Are Hyenas too common for this?

Quote Originally Posted by yourdeer View Post
    Knowing about this definitely encourages me to write more about deer, but if there's anything I've posted on AQ that might be of use to you so far, I'd be happy for it to be a part of the project.
    Thank you And I do hope that this project, like you mentioned, will help those with uncommon 'types to find more inspiration and motivation to write about being their given 'type(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphyna View Post
    Oh yes, that would be great for the site :3.

Quote Originally Posted by House of Chimeras View Post
    I forgot to ask, Sonne but are you interested in fictionkin at all? Or do you think garou might be too close to wolf? Plus the same for Lunatani and being an adlert and Cwn Annwn sense they are still basically canine?

We're trying to figure out what of ours might be of interest to the project.

(Plus as always feel free to suggest if you think there is something we or one of us should write about, any time.)

- Cavern-Risen
    Hmm, I've thought about this earlier this year, too, and I'm not yet sure if they would be quite fitting for the RO site. However, I'm thinking that maybe if the given writings focused on the aspects of being a feline or canine like fictionkin or myth/'lore animal that are seemingly more different and distinct from feline and canine therian experiences, etc. then they would probably fit into the RO site. Because even though those creatures are rather feline/canine like, the werewolf fictionkin, Named fictionkin, and adlet/Cwn Annwn in your system are still significantly uncommon 'types and I don't want that to be overshadowed by the fact that feline and canine theriotypes and their experiences are so common. I can look through the writings from you all to get a better idea which ones might fit for the RO site.

I do know, however, that Aquasarius, Pantairin, Spiridon, Kardegray, and Earth Listener (xir shark and nudibranch 'types), have 'types that would fit well on the site.

But yeah, it's totally fine, too, for anyone's writings or 'types that don't fit well enough for the site's purpose/aim (for anyone who wonders about it). It's not at all meant as anything against common 'types, but that unfortunately the experiences and such of common 'types often, inadvertently, overshadow the experiences and such of those that are uncommon 'types. It's like how Birds of a Feather isn't meant as anything against non-avian (non-avian-like) 'types, but rather it is designed as a site to bring light, per se, to certain kinds of therio-/'kintypes and their experiences that are more easily overlooked, hard to find, or scattered generally in the 'kin/therian communities. I just wanted to clarify that in case anyone (not specifically those of the Chimera system) was feeling concerned or 'off' about the focus of this project .

Quote Originally Posted by Talos View Post
    Are Hyenas too common for this?
    No, I've barely seen writings on being hyena (and it's not a common 'type either), so hyena writings would be a good fit for the site.

**Edit (as we posted at the same time):
    Quote Originally Posted by Arawn View Post
    If you'd like, I can get you a writing of my brand of polymorph.
    Indeed, I'd like to have some polymorph writings on there :3.

If you'd like, I can get you a writing of my brand of polymorph.