Thread: OtherKinPhenomena

Default OtherKinPhenomena

Hey everyone,

http://www.otherkinphenomena.org is up, running and open for business.

I would like to make a few points for clarity -

Therian Guide has been responsible for the technical end of helping Elinox launch her very own forum community which is why it looks very similar to TG in style and function and we will continue to provide support to Eli, if and when she needs it.

OKP, otherwise, is independent of TG. It has a different owner and different staff and however they choose to administrate it is completely up to them.

I am not registered there nor do I intend on registering there. I'm not an otherkin, I'm not very well liked or understood by much of the otherkin community and I have more on the burner now than I can ever hope to get to that's in my lane.

TL;DR

OKP is Elinox's project, we simply helped her get it launched. If you are interested in joining an otherkin-centric forum, learning about otherkin or simply supporting Elinox - give it a gander if you wish. I've heard good things about it.

Lyc

"It takes incredible strength and courage to be different from everybody else, but it's a good thing."

Hey,

Since the main site has not yet been migrated (the plan is to help get the community on the forums up and running and then have them help determine what they want to have on their page), we usually link the forums directly for now:
    https://forum.otherkinphenomena.org/

If you have any feedback, please consider posting it on their Feedback forum instead of sending it to us on TG.

LP,
    Dusty
    Most problems are man-made.

Thanks for the plug Lyc and Dusty!

Yes, OKP, an intelligent otherkin-centric forum from the 2000's, is back up and running again! Come on over and check us out!

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf & feline | 39 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | INFP | eclectic witch

Blog Entries

Hey Elinox, quick question about OKP-- are the adult forums meant to be accessible to guests? Because...they are, and I'm genuinely not sure that's a good idea. Not trying to tell you how to run your forum, of course, it just makes me a little nervous given the sort of heavy subjects that can usually be discussed on 18+ parts of forums.

Also, for those of us who would categorically fit more into the fictionkin/therian circles of nonhumanity, I know that OKP was recently advertised as a place 'free from fictionkin' and the like, and has had its therianthropy sections locked. Is this forum's target audience aimed more at "traditional"/stereotypical otherkin (elves, dragons, talking flying wolves with blue eyes and multiple tails, etc.)?
    Last edited by Who-Is-Page; May 5th, 2021 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Who-Is-Page View Post
    Hey Elinox, quick question about OKP-- are the adult forums meant to be accessible to guests? Because...they are, and I'm genuinely not sure that's a good idea. Not trying to tell you how to run your forum, of course, it just makes me a little nervous given the sort of heavy subjects that can usually be discussed on 18+ parts of forums.

Also, for those of us who would categorically fit more into the fictionkin/therian circles of nonhumanity, I know that OKP was recently advertised as a place 'free from fictionkin' and the like, and has had its therianthropy sections locked. Is this forum's target audience aimed more at "traditional"/stereotypical otherkin (elves, dragons, talking flying wolves with blue eyes and multiple tails, etc.)?
    I'll check the forum visibility. Most of the forums, for searchable purposes to bring in new members, should logically be public. However, I agree that certain subforums should be members-only.

That said, as some of us have been discussing on OKP, it will remain as it always has: a forum for otherkin, which includes therians and fictionkin. We discussed locking the therian-specific subforum because there are other, better, therian-centric forums available. However, if someone prefers discussing therian topics on OKP instead of those other forums, we will not stifle that discussion. That's why there are the specific subforums. So the subforums, for specific types of otherkin, will remain open.

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf & feline | 39 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | INFP | eclectic witch