Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you coud pick your species...

Blog Entries

Default If you coud pick your species...

...what would it be?

It's a silly question for sure, but one I like to ponder. If you could pick your kintype/theriotype/fictotype/etc., what would you pick? Why? Or maybe you wouldn't change anything, but if not, also why?

For me, honestly, if I could choose I'd be a king caste xenomorph and a Tyrannosaurus rex. I think xenomorph shifts would be super neat to experience, and AvP has been a huge interest of mine for ages, so I've already got a big bias towards the xenos. Plus, king xenomorphs have one hell of an aesthetic going on--I mean, just look at that crest! And then T. rexes just have always been kind of special to me, to the point where I've got a visible T. rex skull tattoo on one of my arms, so how could I not want to be one, too?

(I looked for a thread like this in Fun & Games and couldn't find one; if one already exists and I just missed it, then sorry and feel free to delete this mods!)

I often wish I had more herbivorous kintypes, or kintypes that were less common among the therian/kin communities. Sometimes I hate that I'm just another dog/carnivore therian lol, and I vibe with herbivores a lot, being an elf and all. I'd love to know what it's like to be like, a little salamander or a mouse or something! Or I wish I could be a big dragon or some really big creature or some kind of cryptid, they're so cool.

I'd wanna be a deer, maybe a horse too since I'm horsekith. And frog. Maybe even a bird of some kind too. I'd be a goddamn menagerie, ahaha.

Blog Entries

I used to really yearn to pick a different species, be a more common kin/theriotype, cause I had a lot of shame about what I am. But that's eased a lot through shadow work. So:

Mushy answer: I'd choose to be me! I like me.

Fun answer, because it's fun: I'd be a god damned giraffe. Absolute alien looking creatures. If I was brand new to this world and you showed me a giraffe and a unicorn and asked me to pick which one exists here, I'd be stumped.
    Or I'd be the robotic Meowingtons from the Professional Greifers music video.
    Jasper - He/him - 23
    Alolan Marowak Fictherian - Dragon-Hearted
    Wildly curious and here for a good time.

Blog Entries

I'm fine with what I have now. But for the sake of the thought exercise I'd go with any of my favourite animals. Maybe an African Elephant or a parrot of some kind, whatever it is I wouldn't want its habitat to be too different from my own. As much as I love seacreatures, and am already a mermaid, I don't really like knowing that my preferred habitat could kill me. So no sea animals.
    Parrots fly so that might be frustrating for me too, but slightly less so.
    So yes either African elephant or any large parrot. African elephants already have a couple of superficial similarities to my current theriotype, same part of the world (I freaking love africa), social, intelligent, matriarchal. So I'm not deviating toooo far from what I know.
    Last edited by Lopori; May 11th, 2021 at 06:48 AM.

Ah well if I could choose my types, I would choose to be maybe a big cat, unicorn or peryton. Something that actually fits the notion of an animal. I have always had a very hard time fitting in, as I am of a very narrow sliver that is neither human enough to be human nor animal enough to be animal- and then not even in a widely accepted way either.

I miss when i thought i was a deer in my earliest notions of otherkinity, because that would have been accepted, but it simply did not stick.
    Machinekin/Fictionkin || The Name's Poly || Transmasculine
    Arcade Enthusiast || He/Him or It/Its || 日本語が少し分かる。
    Yes, I Have Played Polybius || Tron Lives || 23

Zed: To be honest, if I could, I would choose to just be a normal human. I don't like being a moth in a human body.
    Last edited by yolcatzin; May 11th, 2021 at 10:36 AM. Reason: remove signature

I enjoy my theriotypes very much.

However, if I had gotten to choose? At the time of my re-awakening, I would likely have chosen bottlenose dolphin because they were my favorite animal at the time.

Now? I'd likely choose domestic cat because of my own furbabies.

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf & feline | 39 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | INFP | eclectic witch

I go with a Horse. I know a few Therians here who love horses and I like horses too. There strong and powerful as well as smart.

Blog Entries

I would pick a critter that isn't skiddish. That isn't afraid of everything. Don't know what critter that would be....