Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Halloween 2021

I carved a jack-o-lantern and am going to roast the seeds. I also bought two small pumpkins for roasting- I roasted one with cinnamon and butter, highly recommend! The jack-o-lantern has an apple candle in it so it smells extra nice.
    I won't be dressing up this year. Nowhere to go.
    I got some candy to hand out but I don't think we have many kids in the neighborhood.

Blog Entries

Nice; I got a pumpkin but I still need to carve it. I did roast and stuff an acorn squash and managed to find some more canned pumpkin, so I made another batch of pumpkin bars.

This evening my spouse, best friend, and I are going to go to one or two local things (we kind of suspect one might be slightly full of kids, so we have a backup). Should be good; friend doesn’t want to dress up, but my spouse and I will probably dig out some old costumes to wear. I am not sure what I want to wear! Whatever I pick, I’ll probably try to make it something that will allow me to get some use out of the nice fangs I got earlier this year.

Then tomorrow I’m going to go see the new Halloween movie. I’d never seen any of them until recently, but we watched the original and the 2017 one in preparation.

Blog Entries

Well, the cooking went well.

I've been watching The Killer Shrews. It is exactly as bad as it sounds, which is, of course, exactly what I'm looking for.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

Ooooh. I’ve watched some very good / very bad ones lately myself, as bad movie nights with the gang, including DEATHBED: THE BED THAT EATS and Microwave Massacre.