Thread: Happy Therianthropy Day 2021!

Blog Entries

Default Happy Therianthropy Day 2021!

Happy Therianthropy Day! Are any of y'all celebrating? What plans do you have?

For us, even though we're not therians ourselves, we're staying up with our (non-alterhuman) polycule to enjoy the lunar eclipse and indulging ourselves in food and activities that make us feel particularly animal--eating porkchops with our hands, playing Monster Hunter, and a few other things besides. We were also thinking of making our NaNoWriMo writing piece for today therian-centric or drawing something. We also might poke around some of our smaller, more personal Discords and see if anyone would be game for a tiny digital Howl, too, because we've been really missing that tight-knit sense of community from other nonhuman-identifying folks that we get from actually chatting and interacting with people beyond text.

Happy Therianthropy Day!!

I've been extra excited about therianthropy day this year. I've been having lots of therian feels recently I guess. I just finished my Nonhuman Identity 101 presentation and will be giving the lecture to my fellow therapist friends on Saturday, which feels fitting right after Therianthropy Day. I've also had recent reconnections with some folks I knew in the community 10+ years ago, which triggered a bunch of nostalgia and community feels. I really miss the bustling activity we used to have on forums and Skype groups/conversations I used to participate in. It prompted me to reach out on a discord and realize that connecting with people is actually really nice and not necessary as anxiety-provoking as I feared. So, given all that, I'm feeling the community feels and excitement for Therianthropy Day hard this year! I was also trying to see if folks would want to do an impromptu digital howl or even just more casually text more via discord tonight/tomorrow.

Blog Entries

I stayed up to watch the eclipse as well - though unfortunately I didn't get to see it because mother nature decided my region needed cloud cover and a snow storm instead. We certainly did not need a snow storm. But oh well, I got to sit down and secure some actual time to work on myself, and work with my witchcraft and spirituality. Spent some time with a spirit heavily tied to my fictherianthropy, ended a cycle of harm done to me by someone else, began something new. Let's see where it goes.

I meant to continue writing my essay on experience with death both in our reality and in spirituality from the perspective of a death-tied fictional reptile, but alas I haven't found the energy or time to write. Maybe later on, once I'm through this week's work influx.

Quote Originally Posted by Who-Is-Page View Post
    We also might poke around some of our smaller, more personal Discords and see if anyone would be game for a tiny digital Howl, too, because we've been really missing that tight-knit sense of community from other nonhuman-identifying folks that we get from actually chatting and interacting with people beyond text.
    I can't emphasize enough how down I would be for a digital howl, so long as it can be at a time when I ain't working.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmuffins View Post
    I've been extra excited about therianthropy day this year. I've been having lots of therian feels recently I guess. I just finished my Nonhuman Identity 101 presentation and will be giving the lecture to my fellow therapist friends on Saturday, which feels fitting right after Therianthropy Day.
    I'm EXTREMELY excited to hear about the outcome of this project. Nonhuman identity is something I think is super important for therapists to be able to grasp and approach with empathy and understanding.

Happy Therianthropy Day everybody.
    Jasper - He/him - 24
    Alolan Marowak Fictherian - Dragon-Hearted
    Wildly curious and here for a good time.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I'd be down for a digital howl too.

I tried to see the lunar eclipse but gods it was late when it started--past midnight, here. I didn't even catch a glimpse when I went outside. Didn't really do anything to celebrate--I was busy all day with work and was busy with RPGs in the evening.

Kind of wish the full moon could fall on a weekend, heh.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier