Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Thought - The 25th!

Blog Entries

Default The Daily Thought - The 25th!

We reached the end of 100 pages on the last one, so here’s your shiny new Daily Thought thread!

Blog Entries

I wonder what places in the world are so remote that you could squat there, build a hut, and just... no one would actually give a shit. Because the nearest cop is 200 miles away and can't be arsed to arrest you.

Probably Eastern Russia, Northern Canada, or Alaska.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Oh yay, I've been looking forward to the new Daily Thought thread! For some reason the last page was never loading for me on the last one so I was avoiding posting on it.

Predictably, as soon as I've been off winter break I haven't been finding time to log onto forums as much. I'm really hoping to be able to keep at least some of the dedicated time for forums and reading that I established over break because I really enjoyed getting to do more of both those things.

Blog Entries

Went walking in the local state park today. I walked on water! Easy, because it was frozen solid; there's a good inch or so of ice in some places. There wasn't much life around, but I did notice scat from what might've been a fox on the trail, and saw some birds flitting about. There was, for lack of a better word... cellular ice. I'll see about going tomorrow so I can get a picture, but on the creek I was hiking on, there were patches where a top layer of ice was partially hollowed out. There was a thin, even layer of ice on top, then little internal walls, mostly vertical, dividing it into segments. Then, more ice.

Never seen that before, and I'm not sure what caused it.

Also, I'm informed that in Expeditions: Rome, you were a giant cat in a previous life, and you can lose the game by reincarnating as a giant cat. Really. I think that that should win the game.

Not sure if the giant cat has glowing yellow eyes because they're dead, or if that's a normal giant cat trait.

EDIT: Well, got too warm to go photography the ice.
    Last edited by cheetah; February 1st, 2022 at 11:57 PM.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    you can lose the game
    Not to be that guy but this made me lose the game lol. But also I agree that reincarnating as a giant cat should mean you win the game. Your icy walk sounds really nice ^^

Daily thought: This week is busy but I'm really excited for Friday. It's my partner's 30th birthday, and we're going to do a slumber party just the two of us. It reminds me of the at-home anime convention we did last May, and that was a phenomenal experience, so I think the slumber party will be really fun too.

Blog Entries

OH NOOOO everybody old enough loses the game coming into this thread now haha.

Happy birthday to your partner, blood!!

My thought: I have been having sleep disturbances for a while. Lots of nightmares, and something close to sleep paralysis last night. I have no explanation for it, and there have been peaceful nights in between, so it’s not totally consistent, but it’s so weird. Many of the nightmares have also been wildly vivid.

Also, my February signature pic feels extra appropriate. We (like a lot of the US) got a lot of snow this week!

I’ve been having to stationary bike instead of going on my morning runs, but sometime today I’ll have to get out in the snow a bit.

...the...game
    I haven't thought of the game in years

F R I C K

It's been years since I've lost the game... and of all the places. I disappear for a year and come back to get bloody wrecked hahaha.

Blog Entries

Haven't thought about the Game in like a decade and I'm still making people lose it.

Daily thought: We got snow again, and it looks like another cold spell. But the big snowstorm--inches of snow, from what I heard--just missed us; they were getting it maybe thirty minutes south but we can still see the grass through the snow, up here.

Blog Entries

I used to have as my profile quote/title "Just lost the game" on a variety of forums and people used to send me angry PMs about it. Good times.

Edit: It appears that I still do here too.
    My WebComics: Black Tapestries + The Realm of Kaerwyn
    My Creative Group Writing RP: Kaerwyn