Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Thought - The 25th!

Lol I love everyone's responses of losing the game XD

Daily thought: The slumber party for my partner's birthday was a lot of fun - we ended up marathoning Ghibli movies. I've also been in a good mood since then. I've been playing lots of Pokemon Legends Arceus and absolutely loving it.

Blog Entries

That sounds SO fun.

I'm taking my spouse to the zoo for his birthday this weekend. And of course doing his usual favorite combo of making a German chocolate cake (triple decker from scratch) and reverse-seared ribeye. I got some allegedly aged ones this time.

My brother says good things about Pokemon Arceus too! I'm tempted but already behind on finishing other games. My spouse has been playing Pokemon Sword and I've been enjoying watching that.

I don't really get why people are so two faced, my recent example: I called someone out on a friends Discord for some things he posted on his server about being gay and being furry. If you have a problem with it and talk shit about 'those types' with one group of people why are you going to try and also develop a cordial relationship with me. Like, you are totally within your rights to dislike someone for whatever reason you want, despite what the liberals would tell you, but why try to maintain that false front?

This is kind of one of the reasons I avoid chat programs, I find it hard if not impossible to respect others who engage in this type of stratagem yet I see it on every major communication media platform. People hiding from one another online, hiding in secret rooms on chat apps, many just sitting around talking shit about people they are chatting with in another room or server. I see this behavior non-stop since I started gaming with some groups online. Kind of pathetic in my opinion, I end up just shaking my head and logging off to go listen to music. ( Like right now ).

No wonder I spend so much time in solitude.
    Last edited by Koba; February 13th, 2022 at 06:52 PM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries

I’m making a Puerto Rican inspired slow-roasted pork shoulder for Valentine’s Day dinner for the whole gang today. I hope it comes out well!

I was going to make a cheesecake too, but I think we have to get through my spouse’s birthday cake.

He somehow has never seen any of the (admittedly stupid) Austin Powers movies, so we might have to watch one tonight. I don’t think I’ve seen them since I was a kid.

I might give my mom a call or something for Valentine’s too. She always made holidays feel really special and used to celebrate Valentine’s kind of with us kids. In retrospect, I think some of that focus was because of my parents’ relationship being so lacking, which is really depressing. But she did turn it into a rather nice lesson about the importance of a variety of types of love and how holidays can really be whatever you want them to be.

I’m uncommonly lucky in the more traditional romantic/more-than-platonic relationship arena. And I’ve got pretty decent relationships with my family and I have good friends. And ever since I was a kid, this holiday felt like a day to appreciate all of them!

[ Removed depressing ass story ] Why? Cus it dun matter lol.

Sounds like you got a fun evening planned and c'mon now, Austin Powers isn't all that bad. It has one of my favorite back and forth gags.

Turning down a bong and a blintz. Sinister indeed.
    Last edited by Koba; February 15th, 2022 at 12:55 AM.

Blog Entries

Oh I didn't mean to say they were bad; I would have said to skip them if they were. They're kind of stupid-movie classics in my mind. There's a fine line between a stupid movie being just awful and being lovably silly. I like the Ace Ventura movies even better, and I have a massive soft spot for Kung Pow: Enter the Fist!

I really enjoyed watching the first one again; there was so much I didn't remember or just plain missed as a kid, so it should be fun to get around to watching the others too.

Also update: All the food came out really well. It really was a nice evening. I got to thinking a bit about how, despite my positivity in my last post, I really did not have a model for healthy romantic love as a kid, and even the other familial relationships were kind of fucked up with inter-generational trauma. I try to focus on what was done right and see the causes of, and be compassionate about, what wasn't.

There were some really rough and messy things in there, and sometimes I'm surprised some of the relationships were salvaged in my family at all (and some of them weren't). Mostly I think things have settled out for the better and I'm grateful for that.
    Last edited by Kisota; February 16th, 2022 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisota View Post
    That sounds SO fun.

I'm taking my spouse to the zoo for his birthday this weekend. And of course doing his usual favorite combo of making a German chocolate cake (triple decker from scratch) and reverse-seared ribeye. I got some allegedly aged ones this time.

My brother says good things about Pokemon Arceus too! I'm tempted but already behind on finishing other games. My spouse has been playing Pokemon Sword and I've been enjoying watching that.
    Haha, omg German chocolate cake is my partner's favorite too!

I also really enjoyed Pokemon Sword and Shield, and if you like some of the changes in that game, I think you'd likely enjoy Arceus, too. I feel like Arceus takes the steps into open-world feel and helpful mechanics (like automatic exp share for everyone in your party) from Sword/Shield and takes it to a whole new level. Also, some gameplay elements of Arceus have reminded me of Breath of the Wild (specifically the harvesting and crafting) and Horizon: Zero Dawn (sneaking in grass to catch pokemon) - both of those comparisons really surprised me from a Pokemon game, but I also really like those aspects of the other games, so it's been a lot of fun to have them in Pokemon, too.

Daily thought: I sat out on my balcony and read for an hour this afternoon between meetings, and it was so refreshing. I hope the weather stays nice so I can do more of that.

We had a power outage since yesterday that lasted until now, so about 15 hours. I never experienced a one that went longer than a few minutes. It was very strange, especially since the neighbors across the street weren't affected. And it was unpleasant since it started when it was getting dark and I was tired from work. Thankfully, no devices seem to be broken from the fluctuations right before.
    Last edited by Volpeon; February 17th, 2022 at 03:34 AM.

Blog Entries

Whew! That’s quite an outage. Glad nothing seems damaged.

Pokémon update, haha: My spouse got a Dusk-form Lycanroc and named it Kisota. It’s the wrong color for my theriotype, but the red color and spikyness is a lot like my hair.

Blog Entries

Less than a week until the move. I'm thinking of going camping once I get to California, before my job starts. I'm pretty close to some parts of the Sierra Nevada, which I've never been to before.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier