Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Daily Thought - The 25th!

Blog Entries

Only one way to find out!

TIL that despite instant coffee being stereotypically bad, I prefer the taste to regular. Mostly because it tastes less like coffee, I suppose.

Koba: I more meant how websites like deviantArt or Reddit periodically release new site layouts that everyone seems to hate. Like, I know a lot of people really hated Eclipse, but deviantArt went with it anyway. A lot of people really hate New Reddit. That sort of thing.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    Koba: I more meant how websites like deviantArt or Reddit periodically release new site layouts that everyone seems to hate. Like, I know a lot of people really hated Eclipse, but deviantArt went with it anyway. A lot of people really hate New Reddit. That sort of thing.

Was just doing some backreading out of curiosity: https://www.deviantart.com/team/jour...ward-843729676

"The Concept of Majority
    By the time we fully released the new version last week, the majority of our daily active user base was already using the new version. We mention this to provide perspective — the reality is that contrary to what a vocal minority believes the data clearly shows an overwhelming majority of deviants have accepted the new DeviantArt and are thriving with its use.

Prior to release we constantly monitored how people used the new version of the site compared to the old version, to make sure that the new version performed better in terms of the major features and functions of the site (e.g. deviation views, favourites, and comments). This was important to make sure your art and other content was being seen.

We also tracked how the site performed with new visitors to the site, and how well it converted them into active deviants. Having a design that performs this function well is the key to the ongoing health of our community."

-----------

Kind of what I figured, maybe the old version had issue with vulnerabilities, plug-ins or just got "deprecated" (Ie, basically phased out). The CMS or Database could be having issues, could have changed service providers. There's tons of reasons for things like this.... Updating with new HTML5 stuff ... Optimization

But at the center of it most software is always being worked on, it's referred to as AGILE development. Part of the whole process is going in circles and starting over rehashing things, rethinking them, redesigning them. It is just the nature of the beast sadly.

AGILE development: http://agilemodeling.com/artifacts/uiPrototype.htm ( Kind of a simple explanation. )
    It's pretty much 'Storyboarding' like how a lot of larger projects are planned. They take some feedback but ultimately the UI designers are responsible for the polish on the front end.

(If your curious can always R-click > dropdown > view page source or hit ctrl+U and look at what you see here and how that looks in code, there are a lot of working parts. Kind of cool really, this site though is a lot simpler than commercial ones though. Can try looking at one that does stock tickers and such with real time updates. It starts getting nutty, did a web scrapper for a precious metal dealer pulling live data from the web, no API to speak of lol. Headache city.)
    Last edited by Koba; May 3rd, 2022 at 01:59 AM.

Are Fruit Loops gay Cheerios?

Kind of been wondering in Pootin's invasion coincided with Trumptastics presidency. He ended his dickery around 2015, then 5 years +/- years later after the changing of the guards starts up again. I wonder if having a warmonger in charge kept Ivan in check.

Have you ever noticed when there is some random situation that is not necessarily described in other cultures people end up saying. " Well the Germans have a word for this...."
    Example:

Streicheleinheit - Many online dictionaries translate this word to be a noun for “caress,” but when you break down the word, it sounds quite technical.

The word comes from the verb streicheln — to stroke or pet — and the noun Einheit — a unit of measurement. So it literally means “a unit of petting.”

More Fun: https://www.fluentu.com/blog/german/...ds-in-english/

Just kind of wonder why they have this oddly specific way of naming odd circumstances.

Backpfeifengesicht, a “face that should get a slap that whistles across the cheek,” is a face that makes you want to smack that person.( Like for real lmfao )
    Last edited by Koba; May 5th, 2022 at 03:41 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Koba View Post
    Are Fruit Loops gay Cheerios?
    And would that make them Queerios?

Blog Entries

Only during June, Savage. No time else.

Though on that note, why don't the rainbow Oreos come in different flavors? I mean, come on, yellow filling but no lemon flavor?
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Though on that note, why don't the rainbow Oreos come in different flavors? I mean, come on, yellow filling but no lemon flavor?
    Ugh what a good point - lemon Oreos sound so good!!

Blog Entries

Only during June, Savage. No time else.

One of the things that drives me nuts is corporations who are all "yay Pride" when they are trying to advertise for LGBTQ dollars, but actually have really shitty policies that don't protect or support their LGBTQ employees.

Blog Entries

Ugh, yeah, and it’s almost that time of year when companies don the gay hat for four weeks of shilling to LGBTQ because it has become profitable to do so.

My daily thought: Somehow I hit the algorithm just right on an art upload the other day. But it was on DeviantArt of all places. That site has been more or less dead for ages and I never really expect anything to be seen. Last upload has been blowing me up with notifications. It’s got 132 favorites. I had to check whether I got added to some Daily Deviation or something to give it more attention, but nope! VERY odd.

Blog Entries

It's a big problem of modernity; where the mere speaking of an issue has become, in politics, equivalent to actually solving the problem. Another good example is with climate change, where pundits act like acknowledging that human driven climate change is a thing that exists is the same thing as actually solving it. The examples are endless, and it's extremely frustrating.

Congrats on the art success, Kiso!